Monday, August 1, 2011

My Media Diet

Over the past couple years, I have been introduced via family or friends the world of media and what it can do for me. Not until I turned the age of 18 years old, my family had bought me a computer and luckily also gave me a cell phone. Usually since I didn't have a computer at home, I would only use the computer for school purposes only, via be writing research papers or doing online homework. Ever since my family had given me those two devices, I can say as of today that I can not live without. I feel this is the same with everyone else who owns a labtop/computer and cellphone.
Ever since I turned 18, which seems the turning point of my life in which I started to become obsessed with digital technology, I can say that I honestly feel naked without my cellphone or If I did not own my personal labtop. My media diet usually consists of me waking up and sometimes checking my facebook before I even brush my teeth which is sad. One of my biggest pet peeves was not brushing my teeth before I did anything. Now, I would spend almost 15 minutes at a time on facebook without brushing my teeth first. After I had done brushing my teeth, I spend some time on USA today and read the latest headlines. Before I had turned 18 years old, I would always enjoy reading the newspaper but because of the easy access that the internet allows us to have, I no longer read the newspaper but rather spend my time reading on USA today's newspaper. By the time I hit the bus stop to take bus to my  early afternoon class, I am already texting some of my friends asking whether they are going out for the night or staying in so that I can make my plans for later.
Being a fraternity, sometimes you can have a huge circle of friends so I can easily say that I am constantly texting throughout the day I am the main person most of the time that sets up pre-parties before me and any of my friends decide to go out to the club. I am constantly searching the internet for new music especially dubstep before a workout, there is something about dubstep that just gets me pumped and ready to work out. I always upload my ipod before working out and charge it after I get out. I do  not spend much time watching T.V but when I am not the media use that I would be using would be facebook. Throughout these couple years I have been incorporated into the world of media. I have been seduced by facebook and can no longer go one day without checking it. I should although include more blog websites that I should checkout because some of them I have heard are very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment